During its entire activity, Ascom-Group S. A. carried out many social projects. Some of the largest ones are: financing students and assistance to people of the Southern Sudan.
Ascom-Group S. A. invested in studies in Romania for more than 150 people, providing them with housing and high scholarships, spending more than $800,000. Due to this, these students are now highly qualified specialists in finance, chemistry, physics and engineering.
In 2005, when the company came to the Southern Sudan, found out that the roads are completely missing and there is fresh water only many miles away from the populated areas, that people are dying from simple colds and serious illnesses do not leave a chance for survival.
Thus, it took the decision to carry out a series of social projects oriented towards the development and preservation of life of the people of the Southern Sudan.
From 2005 to 2009 the following major social projects were completed on the territory of Southern Sudan:
- More than $17.5 million were invested in the construction of the hospital. From 2006 till the end of
- 2009 the hospital provided assistance to 221,793 patients, 45% of whom are children.
- $7.1 million were invested in building four civil airstrips with a total length of 6.9 km.
- $8 million were invested in the construction of roads with a total volume of 1,616,200 m³ and
- $0.7 million were invested in building a canal with a 4.1 km length, 6 m. of, width and a 2,5 m. depth.
- $ 2.4 million were invested in an educational complex which includes: school, university, libraries, sports grounds, canteens, medical center.
- $1.8 million were invested in engaging experts from Moldova, Ukraine, Russia and Germany for mine clearing of many commonly used roads.
After the oil discovery, Ascom-Group S. A. continued funding the social projects, and our doctors, engineers, to this day, continue to help the people of the Southern Sudan.